[Amps] Shipping Damage

Will Matney craxd1 at ezwv.com
Thu Feb 24 12:31:56 EST 2005

Hal,

Most know I used to build them and what kind so I wont get into that.
However, when I did ship with UPS, let's just say I had numerous claims. The
claims were hardly never on a light weight package, only the heavy ones. One
day, I asked the driver, who was a friend of mine about what was happening.
He said that any heavy package was looked down upon by the workers. If it
was so heavy, they'd simply drop it on the concrete floor, or off a loading
dock. Especially if it was marked fragile or glass. They figured that the
sense this happened, and the item was destroyed, the shipper wouldnt want to
try it again. That's the very reason everyone started shipping transformers
seperate and the tubes wrapped or seperate, not plugged in. The thing is,
this costs UPS and arm and a leg in costs. One would think that the foreman
over the workers would keep a better eye out on what's going on unless the
foreman is in on it? Being that one of their own drivers knew what was going
on makes you wonder if the drivers aint doing it too? Last, dont think that
the other shippers dont do it, they all do.

Best,

Will