[Amps] Shipping Damage

bob finger finger at goeaston.net
Thu Feb 24 13:06:21 EST 2005

No nasty intended.  I pointed it out because some folks might believe
your statement.  From PO to truck to consolidated sorting point to
airplane to distribution point to airplane to distribution point to
truck to po to truck to po to delivery person might be a short route for
your package.  The basket pretty much stays put...they move the mail.

My dad was a postmaster, but well before priority mail.  I fondly
remember when they opened the first package handling distribution
warehouse.in about 1970. The automation did not work because the people
they hired to design the sorting system built it for packages that were
6x6x9 inches...not realizing that not all parcels were the same size.
They did a major redesign all over the country before they could use it.

Priority mail gets handles very roughly, just like all other stuff.
Proper packaging is the best possible protection, although not fail safe
as others have said.

Sorry you were offended.  73 bob de w9ge