[Amps] AL-1200 vs AL-1500

Joe Subich, K4IK k4ik at subich.com
Thu Feb 24 19:45:27 EST 2005

NX5M writes:

> I am beginning to lean toward the AL1500 at this point.  I
> will have the opportunity to operate with one as well as
> with the same radio I am considering to purchase Friday
> night.

The one problem with the AL-1500 is the sensitivity of the
8877 to changes in the load.  K8CC has written several times
about problems with high grid current as the load changes
with multiple antennas.  The 3CX-1200 and its relatives
(3-500Z, 3-1000Z, etc.) have much more rugged grids and are
not likely to get into trouble when slightly "off tune."

73,

   ... Joe, K4IK