[Amps] AL-1200 vs AL-1500

TexasRF@aol.com TexasRF at aol.com
Fri Feb 25 13:09:57 EST 2005

Re: 4-1000 vs 3CX1200 3kw output. I agree that no one has reported this  kind
of output from a 3CX1200 tube.

At their current price tag it doesn't seem prudent to attempt this even
though Eimac has published a max Ep of 5500vdc.

4-1000 tubes on the other hand show up frequently for really low prices and
no big deal if it craters. I am not even suggesting they are prone to
cratering  but the first few to run them at 3kw output were assuming some risk in
determining they would run like this.

Probably the 3CX1200 would also do this with 5500vdc on the plate but with
what reliability is an unknown. Any daring experimenters out there? Not  me!

73,
K5GW