[Amps] Shipping Damage

Harold B. Mandel ka1xo at juno.com
Fri Feb 25 22:58:23 EST 2005

All,

 Just remember, it was a UPS Store, Inc., that screwed up the packing
of the Alpha 77Sx. This is after UPS, Inc., suggested the shipper to
bring the amp to the UPS Store to pack and ship it.

Please also remember that the UPS Store insurance carrier accused the
shipper of shipping items that were damaged before being boxed, and
denied the veracity of the 30 - some - odd digital photographs the
shipper
took of the UPS Store boxing the amplifier.

Please also take note of the fact that the UPS Store, Inc. insurance
carrier
examined the crushed boxes and had the balls to say that they couldn't
imagine
how the merchandise was damaged and the boxes NOT.

UPS, The UPS Store, FedEx, et al, all have panels of employees and
paralegals
whose job is to unhook damage claims. Their salaries are paid by having
claims denied over and above the cost of keeping them hired.

You want something delicate to get somewhere in one piece, drive it there
yourself. Otherwise you are gambling in a system where the house wins,
proven statistically.

Hal Mandel