[Amps] Shipping Opportunity

Dennis Sokol dajs at accnorwalk.com
Sun Feb 27 09:18:33 EST 2005

All of this suggests that we need more reliable alternatives to shipping our gear across country. It's clear that the consumer is not going to be able to influence UPS and FedEx to change their ways. And I notice more ham amplifier ads which say "unwilling to ship but I'll meet you half way within so many miles."

Our gear is special, unique and in most cases, the dollar value is far above the average package sent by the "consumer." There are thousands and thousands of people transversing this country every day. There are many independent truckers, for example, who are also hams, going from
coast to coast. Lots of hams traveling using mobile rigs. What could
possibly work would be some kind of clearing or coordinating mechanism
using the Internet and possibly one of the popular ham websites like EHAM or QRZ to post messages looking for people to transport big gear.