[Amps] Parasites, Microbes and Other Hazards

R.Measures r at somis.org
Sun Jan 2 10:18:41 EST 2005

On Jan 2, 2005, at 4:52 AM, G3rzp at aol.com wrote:

> I presume that this is the latest thing in biotechnology..........
>
> How does this 'microbe wire' work, and are the microbes linear?

Damned if I know.  Keeping up with the state of the art is hectic for
an old fart.

> If you have the wrong sort of organic insulating material around, does
> the microbe wire feed on it and become longer (so increasing
> resistance and eventually reducing efficiency) or does it get fatter
> so the parasitic suppressors go lower in resistance with age?

Preliminary data suggests that diameter increases and R decreases, so
it is ideal for line-cords and the like, but obviously problematic in
transformers since there is no room for expansion.
-  When used in parasitic suppressors, the R changes little due to the
high operating temp - especially on 10m and 12m.  However, for
amplifiers that are used infrequently on 12m and 10m, heating the
suppressor inductors occasionally with a propane torch will prevent
turns-shorting - as well as a dangerous decrease in R - due to
conductor diameter growth.

> And can it  mutate?

Only time will tell.

> Lot of questions need answering before embracing new technology!!!

Amen, Peter.  cheerz