[Amps] (no subject)

Dan dpipes at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 2 21:16:31 EST 2005

Paul,
thanks for the idea i did check and nothign touching the only spot where a burn makr can even faintly be seem is right at the resistor that blew. Infact under the tubes (you are right there is litle spce there <g>)..everythign looks clean and as new.. I wonder if it is possible that when either the seller pulled the tubes to shipto me or when I replaced them that maybe I pushed the term pad a little too close to the vertical steel wall..
I have checked it for any other signs of burn alllook fine..
thanks for the suggestion
Dan
========
Dan:

When I changed the tubes in my 811H, I noticed that the horseshoe shaped
clamps that tension the individual pins on the bottom of the tube
sockets were quite fragile.  In fact, several had broken off and were
shorting out to the case and I was getting intermittent arcing.  The fit
between the bottom of the tube socket and the case is tight.

I would check there first for a short.

Paul (WL7PC)