[Amps] ameritron update on blown grid resistors.

Dan dpipes at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 3 11:09:26 EST 2005

Well.. I replaced the blown resistor hoping that it just went on its own.. no go. quickly switched on the power and same resistor arc'd and blew.  Does this mean the tube is bad? or at least an indicator? I have again checked everythign related and in the area no burn marks on anything BUT the resistor. Is there a way to test the tube or look for something on the tube? I have ordered a new set of tubes and shoudl have ina coule of days but right now I am looking for ideas  as I hate to put a brand new tube in the amp until i know what is going on
thanks for any ideas