[Amps] Solid state amps

Steve Thompson g8gsq at ic24.net
Fri Jan 7 09:38:08 EST 2005

An article that might be of interest to any prospective builders:

By Helge Granberg, published in QST dec '82 and Jan '83. 'Mosfet RF Power: An
Update'.

As far as I know, the designs in the article didn't get published as
application notes. The amp uses eight modules, each with 2 x MRF150 to give
1600-1800W output. Of particular interest might be the designs for harmonic
filters and control/protection circuits.

I have a poor quality photocopy which I can make available if no-one can come
up with something better from the archives.

Steve