[Amps] Ferrite-loaded plate choke

Karl-Arne Markström sm0aom at telia.com
Sun Jan 9 14:04:48 EST 2005

Well,

I have to modify my previous posting somewhat.

This is a most clever way of feeding the HV to the plates,
by using the inductance of the Pi-network coil as both a network component
and as the plate choke...

By using the insulation properties of the Teflon coax, DC HV can be fed to the plate circuit inside
of the coax. independently of the RF potential of the plate, and by using a conventional plate
blocking capacitor between the sheath of the coax and the tubes, the RF current in the tank circuit
can be made to flow in the proper manner on the outside of the coax sheath.

This certainly goes one step beyond "floating" the whole Pi-network at the plate DC potential
as was done in the 205J.

73/

Karl-Arne
SM0AOM