[Amps] OT: Anyone know of any RF Speech Processor Kits?

Ken G3WCS lists at kentek.co.uk
Sat Jan 15 11:22:34 EST 2005

Peter Frenning, OZ1PIF wrote:

> Ouch, you dont pull you punches Rich!
> Actually both compressors and the much ridiculed "Apollo Beep" have
> their uses, especially in very weak signal, VHF and above, voice
> communication.

Hi guys,

I'm an ageing G3, which is quite an old callsign in the UK, being
licenced in 1967.

I don't have a lot of knowledge of what happens on 11 mtrs.

I would really like to build up a RF Speech Processor if anyone makes a
kit. I guess some of the 27 Mhz versions are audio clippers/compressors
which are not that good on crowded bands with lots of local stations. I
know of a design by DF4ZS, but it is only available ready made, although
he does provide full constructional info. Guess I might have to source
the parts and make one myself from his circuit.

If anyone does know of such an item as a kit, please let me know.

Thanks.

Ken.

--

Ken G3WCS <ken at g3wcs.com>