[Amps] AL-80B "Optional" Grid Protection circuitry - identify?

Charlie ad5th at direcway.com
Mon Jan 17 19:48:38 EST 2005

The AL-80B manual and web site discuss an "optional' grid protection board I
believe they call it. I am the new owner of a used AL-80B and would like to
know how I can check if this "optional ' grid protection is in place or not.
As best I can tell this amp was new in 1997.

I have several photos of the inside on my site listed below. If anyone can
spot it or tell me what to look for I would be very appreciative. I got on
this matter after the amp kicked off a couple times on 40M phone.  After
several moments it was OK again. I am guessing it was this optional circuit.
TY  73

Charlie
Ham Radio - AD5TH
www.ad5th.com