[Amps] Tornado 100 need info

Steve Thompson g8gsq at ic24.net
Tue Jan 18 11:46:21 EST 2005

On Monday 17 January 2005 19:04, FS wrote:
> hello :
> I need information about an amplifier called Tornado 100, as he says in his
> box, is 2-30 Mhz, of 250w SSB, 100w CW, works with 12 vlt and takes 2
> transistors MRF 455.
I can't help with the circuit details, but MRF455 is rated for 60W output, so
250W pep (output) is not realistic. My guess is that the 2-30MHz is also a
lie - the amp was probably designed for 27MHz and will work over the higher
hf bands but not at lower frequencies, which is why you see a bad input SWR.

73, Steve