[Amps] Want to build first amp

Bill Fuqua wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Thu Jan 20 11:32:27 EST 2005

When building my fist transmitters and amplifiers, I built them as single
band units.  This allowed me to get something working quickly and debug
problems before I added even more parts. And to learn from your experience
early in the game. Also it is a quick and less expensive way to get
something on the air. I always had a problem with drawn out projects and
loosing momentum if they took too long before I began seeing results.  Some
things are  you will have to do in any case. One is to build  or acquire a
power supply. I seem to have lots of them just now.
Just make sure you leave enough room in the single band amplifier to add
the band switching and other components later. Don't paint yourself  into a
corner.
     Try for a 20 meter Amplifier first and then go from there.
73
Bill wa4lav