[Amps] High C out

Vic Rosenthal vic at rakefet.com
Fri Jan 21 13:49:26 EST 2005

Dennis12Amplify at aol.com wrote:

>  I believe Chris is talking about converting from a PI network to  a Pi-L
> network. The Pi-L having two levels of impedance matching, and a little  more
> harmonic suppression, than the original Pi network.

Nope, he's talking about adding some inductance between the plate and the
tune-C, making a kind of "L-Pi" (or L-Pi-L!) network.  The idea is that with
very high plate load impedances it may be impossible to get a low-enough minimum
capacity in the tune-C to permit a reasonably low Q.  Adding some inductance
before the Pi network pre-transforms the load impedance to a lower value so a
practical capacitor can be used.

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco