[Amps] Need Info on Dentron 2000L 8877

Dudley Hurry jhurry at austin.rr.com
Fri Jan 21 16:35:59 EST 2005

Dave,

I owned one of the DTR2000L amps.  The powersupply was weak, but be careful
beefing up the powersupply.   Once the powersupply is up to the task of the
8877, there is not enough air being blown through the tube and over the
band switch and coil to keep from overheating.  Also the plate choke should
be replaced if you plan to use 17 meters, RF Products has a plate choke
works great.   But remember when that amp was designed 1K INPUT was the
regulation, so if you are looking to get to legal limit, replace the fan
with a blower.

Good luck and 73,
Dudley
WA5QPZ