[Amps] Denton Clipperton L

Greg Hicks gahicks at cox.net
Sat Jan 22 22:28:26 EST 2005

I was given a Clipperton L and the guy thought it worked (It did before he
loaned it to someone).  It powered up, the four tubes had filament glow.  I
had plate voltage but no plate current.

Driving with 50 watts did not produce any output.  After checking for
mechanical problems, I found that resistor on one of the tubes loose and
repaired.  I then found one of the 500 mfd caps bad (after it exploded
during testing).  With the electrolytic cap out the plate voltage is
obviously lower, but still have no plate current.

With no drive from the exciter there is no plate current.

Any quick suggestions?
Greg
WM5D