[Amps] Plate choke magic?

Tomm Aldridge KD7QAE at ARRL.NET
Sat Jan 29 03:49:52 EST 2005

More on the plate choke question.  I just took a t200-3 core with pretty
high RF losses (good) and an Al of 42.5 nH/T^2 and wound 154 turns on it
to get about 1mH.  Because it is a multi layer construction, am I to
assume that distributed capacitance in the winding will resonate with
the inductance in a manner that would come back to bite me? Maybe a
T200-26 core with a much higher Al and HF losses would be better???