[Amps] AL-811: Tuning, Setting ALC, Operating

Martin J. Morgenbesser W7MJM at arrl.net
Sat Jan 29 11:37:58 EST 2005

I just acquired a used AL-811. Any tips you guys can provide on tuning it,
setting the ALC, and generally operating the amp would be greatly appreciated.

I plan to drive it with my Icom IC-718. According to the Icom and Ameritron
specs, I shouldn't need an interface box for the keying relay. I assume the
ALC line should be plug-and-play as well.

Though I've been a ham for many years, I recently returned to the hobby
after a 20-year QRT, and this is my first foray into QRO. I'm looking
forward to it!

Thanks in advance for your help.

73,
Martin