[Amps] Variac Question

wb8jkr at juno.com wb8jkr at juno.com
Sun Jan 30 15:09:26 EST 2005

 If he puts it in series with one hot leg it'll
act as a current limiting inductive reactance.
 The main winding needs to be connected from
one hot to neutral, and the wiper toward the primary
of the supply, that will provide 120-240 volts to
the supply promary, I would NOT use the boost
section of the winding.

Mark  WB8JKR