[Amps] New Variaic Question

Rich rdjmgmt at socket.net
Sun Jan 30 16:28:05 EST 2005

Wow , that's a lot of power , no wonder it pops my breakers , but when I
do get it to run it shows almost no load until I switch in the rest of
the system. So I will add a soft start to my 120v coil system as well.
 Thank you very much as it had me stumped be cause it had no caps in the
start up system.

Rich

Subject: Re: [Amps] New Variaic Question

Rich,

Yes, it sure will and is what it's designed to do. Another member on
here
and myself done some investagating on surge currents and it was
surprising
about how many cycles it takes for a transformer to completely level out

(about 20-25 if I remember on the one test). The first few cycles (about

six) was really when it drew the most and were talking a HUGE amount.
Richard Measures was looking at one a while back, and it came up to over

100 amperes at startup.

Will