[Amps] Transformer spec's for linear amplifier - added

GGLL nagato at arnet.com.ar
Thu Jul 7 07:00:45 EDT 2005

	Having the need of a 2500VDC @ 350 mA maximum current power supply, and
planning to use a full wave voltage doubler, how can I establish the correct
current rating for the transformer?. It should be nearly 930 VAC and exactly
700 mA of current, or can I reduce somewhat its current rating (taking in care
amateur, CW/SSB use, also AM at reduced carrier) so as not to expend more $$
than really needed?.

My question is oriented to duty cycle, so , if possible and advisable, how can
I lower current ratings to save costs. I've read in many articles (all for
amateur use, with transformers already salvaged from TV sets, and so) where
smaller current ratings where used instead of theoretical ones.

Thanks in advance

Best regards
Guillermo - LU8EYW.