[Amps] anode connector??

Paul Christensen w9ac at arrl.net
Mon Jul 11 19:07:58 EDT 2005

> Can anybody tell me why I shouldn't do this?

George, it should work just fine and that looks like a good substitute for
the original 3CV1500A7.   If you're careful, you can probably drill and tap
right between a pair of the cooling fins - and even do it on a lower portion
of the anode to match the height of the horizontally-mounted RFC and
minimize the wire reach.  Just how much sheet metal was used to close off
the section left by the water-vapor condenser block?

I don't look forward to the day that I'll need to make a similar conversion.
I am hoping to cut the bolier from a dud and weld it onto a new 3CX1000A7.
The tubes are otherwise identical except for the boiler.  I presently have
three vapor tubes remaining, a stash of OEM plumbing parts, and hope these
will last until I get into retirement.

-Paul, W9AC