[Amps] Alpha 86 PIN Diode Fuse

SamuelR717@aol.com SamuelR717 at aol.com
Wed Jul 13 11:32:41 EDT 2005

N4DEK wrote:

Hello all. Would anyone happen to have a spare fuse that goes on the T/R
board in an early model Alpha 86? I was wanting to keep one spare here just in
case I ever needed it but Alpha tells me that the type my 86 has is no longer
available. I would rather find an original rather than pull the board and
change  the fuse socket as suggested by Alpha.

I had an 86 some 4 years ago; gave up the fuse battle and sold it.   While I
owned it, had the same problem getting fuses.  My solution was not  elegant,
but worked just fine.  I got fuses of the proper value, but  in a simple axial
lead form. I shortened the leads, bent them at right angles to  the fuse body,
and inserted the leads in the socket.

Sorry, but I don't recall the specific part # and source, but it was easy  to
find.

73

Sam
AA3VD