[Amps] Alpha 86 PIN Diode Fuse

Vic Rosenthal vic at rakefet.com
Thu Jul 14 16:14:41 EDT 2005

R; Measures wrote:

> Vic -- Perhaps you don't have as many thunderstorms?

Here in Central CA, we don't have many -- and my antenna and power leads
come through a single-point entry with ICE protectors on them.  One
possibility.

Another is that I drove the 86 with either an Elecraft K2, which does
not have an overshoot problem, and a TS850s which I make sure to adjust
for minimum or no overshoot.

I don't know if SWR, as someone mentioned, is the issue.  I made a few
antenna-switching mistakes which resulted in the amp tripping out on
reflected power without blowing the fuse.

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco