[Amps] GU-84B Cooling

Gary Smith wa6fgi at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 20 10:32:23 EDT 2005

my error, the url is www.towerhobbies.com
Gary
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Gary Smith
  To: PA3DUV ; amps at contesting.com
  Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 7:29 AM
  Subject: Re: [Amps] GU-84B Cooling

  To the list:
  In this thread is the mention of IR thermometers.  As I fly r/c airplanes, such thermometers for reading cylinder head temps have found their way into my hobby.  Raytek is one brand name, it sells for $70.00 or so.  Go to www.towerehobbies.com and search for temperature gauge, found one that read +- 2% from -27 to 428 Fahrenheit.  Price is $24.95, comes with many features including a "temp hold."
  A price such as this beats the dickens of having to pay for a lab grade instrument.
  73 to all,
  Gary... wa6fgi