[Amps] Transformer core shorted to secondary winding??

Karl-Arne Markström sm0aom at telia.com
Sun Jul 24 08:18:50 EDT 2005

Have you measured the no-load DC voltage (the 811A's pulled out or biased off)
with the HV probe?

There are not so many components that can fail in such a circuit,
and usually they tend to give out smoke in the failure process.

>From the symptom description, it may even be the case of one open rectifier branch so you only
have half-wave rectification. This also would show up as a large 60 Hz ripple voltage as soon as
the output is loaded, which could be verified by measuring the voltage over the HV meter
divider resistors R6 to R8 with an oscilloscope under different load conditions.

73/
Karl-Arne
SM0AOM