[Amps] Screen

Bill Fuqua wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Fri Jun 3 09:40:34 EDT 2005

You can never use fconstant screen current. This can cause serious chaotic
behavior. However, the plate voltage should not be allowed to approach the
screen voltage. This is where the characteristic curve gets to be very
non-linear. Lack of screen voltage regulation can lead to run-away
condition or even oscillation. I assume that you are trying to use the tube
as a single element current sink. Is that correct?  What ranges of plate
voltage and sink current are you trying to achieve?

73
Bill wa4lav