[Amps] Alpha to Omega

Dick Green WC1M wc1m at msn.com
Thu Jun 16 10:41:56 EDT 2005

The open frame relay switches in additional inductance for the plate choke
on 80 and 160. It's activated only when you change to/from one of those
bands. It doesn't switch with T/R, so it doesn't need to be fast. An
expensive vacuum relay would be inappropriate and more than overkill. The
frame relay is a bit noisy, but when it switches the stepper motors are
moving as well, and they're pretty noisy. Again, the noise occurs only when
you change bands.

73, Dick WC1M