[Amps] copper or silver in tank circuit?

Bill Fuqua wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Fri Jun 17 09:39:41 EDT 2005

I don't know what all this fuss is about.  Sure plating has an effect on
UNLOADED Q. But, once it is loaded, the load resistance is the dominating
factor when it comes to Q of a HF amplifiers tank circuit. In fact modern
amplifiers use PI-L networks with relatively low Qs, around 10 or so,  to
keep the circulating currents low so they don't have to use big expensive
band switches like in the B&W 850.

73
Bill wa4lav