[Amps] HV Switch Mode Power Supplies

gdaught6@stanford.edu gdaught6 at stanford.edu
Wed Jun 22 12:33:27 EDT 2005

On 22 Jun 2005 at 9:04, Bill Fuqua wrote:

>      You can go to wallmart and get a Panasonic "Inverter" microwave
>      oven
> for about $60. It contains a 1500 watt SMP. But there are  a few
> problems:

I would add to Bill's list of problems the fact that the things are
terrible HF hash generators.  We bought one.  It works.  The new rule
is "Absolutely no microwave use while Grumps is on the radio!"  I
hope noone in the neighborhood gets one and decides to do a turkey in
it.

Whether it could be made more HF friendly or not, I don't know.

73,

George T. Daughters, K6GT