[Amps] 600 Watt Solid State Amp Project

Joe Isabella n3ji at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 27 15:38:11 EDT 2005

I found that simply buying a used ALS-500 was much easier and cost effective in the end.  The Communication Concepts stuff is okay, if you intend to use it at home with more than 13.8VDC -- the higher power stuff is either 28 or 48V.  Also, none of those kits come with filtering -- that's extra.  I was hoping to find something I could replicate that ran 5-600W output off 13.8V that didn't cost $1,000 to build.  I found a barely used ALS-500M with 10/12m for $400.

Joe

Steve Thompson <g8gsq at ic24.net> wrote:
K0PYK wrote:
> Does anyone know where to find a project for building
> a 600 wat solid state amp?
visit www.communication-concepts.com and work through the
application notes (under the 'products' menu). If one of
them suits, look for it on google to find examples people
have built - there's quite a few out there.

73, Steve