[Amps] how to make an HF dual directional coupler?

Dan Sawyer dansawyer at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 3 21:05:34 EST 2005

All,

I have purchased a vector volt meter and apparently need a "dual
directional coupler" to use the instrument. Where is there a good write
up on these? I would like one to use on an HF antenna.

To be honest the whole concept of 'reflected power' has always been a
bit of a mystery. I am very familular with transmission lines and the
effects of non uniform or discontinuous terminations. However these
effects are vi sable in the transmit signal. If this effect were
observed by use of a dual directional coupler and a vector voltmeter
could these effects be measured?

Anyway, is there a reference on how to make a dual directional coupler
for HF?

Thanks,
Dan