[Amps] Fingerprint revisited

Gene Bigham jbigham2 at kc.rr.com
Fri Mar 4 09:15:24 EST 2005

It seems to be a dead horse but I am gonna beat it anyway.  If something like a fingerprint on the outside of the 3-500Z tube envelope could damage its thick glass under normal operations, other than being a negative aesthetic thing, then why do the tubes have trademark and identification imprints on them by design?  At the risk of starting another thread, I see more fingerprints in the oxide that forms on my silver plated parts in the amp.  Fortunately silver oxide is conductive unlike its copper, iron, and aluminum counterparts.