[Amps] Alpha 77Dx -Adding Grounded Grid Filament Choke

Will Matney craxd1 at ezwv.com
Fri Mar 4 09:43:00 EST 2005

 Without looking at the best (amp) itself, but knowing that the 8877 has an
indirectly heated cathode, no filament choke is needed, only some bypass
caps. The heater (filament) only "indirectly" heats the ctathode to cause it
to emit electrons, that's its only role. This means it's not part of the RF
circuit. The only time a filament choke is used in on indirectly heated
cathodes.

Will