[Amps] Water cooled amp question

Stan C. kf6ikc at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 4 11:54:00 EST 2005

Hello gang.
 I have a chance to buy a water cooled amplifier using a single 3CW5000A7 Eimac tube. I am told by Eimac that this tube is electrically the same as the popular 3CX3000A7. Here is my problem....I can get NO info on "how" to cool the tube. I have been looking into stainless steel heat exchangers,"fish tank" water pumps,water chillers,etc. I would like to hear from anyone who has ever built a cooling system,ran one,etc. From Eimac I was told the tube needs 7.7gpm to run at the rated dissapation (will never run even close to that). Most water chillers I see (small ones) only flow about 2-4gpm. And they are EXPENSIVE. So.....can anyone help out??

Thanks for your time,Stan