[Amps] Water cooled amp question

Stan C. kf6ikc at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 5 00:14:25 EST 2005

Thanks to all that have replied so far to my question about cooling a water cooled tube. It seems like I might be trying to over do my system. It is just that from Eimac's web site the say not to use copper parts,etc. Also that the water into the tube can not be over 50 deg.C (about 122 deg F). As the heat exchanger and water tank will be outside,this kinda worries me. As it gets 115+ deg.F here in the summer quite often. That is cutting it close....as the say the water should be about 35 deg.C into the tube. As for pumps I have been looking at Gen-X aquarium pumps. They make some nice units for about $150.00 that will flow about 20GPM. So???? I am still just woundering about a self contained water chiller,but they are very pricy. And what size do I need? I have been looking at a 6000 watt model. Put I can not find out if that will cover the heat of the 3CW5000. Common sence would say yes,but I would like to know for sure.

Thanks again to all,Stan