[Amps] WinLink

Will Matney craxd1 at ezwv.com
Sun Mar 6 16:14:41 EST 2005

Dave,

What I read was that this was not announced until after the vote and a bunch of hoopla went on before they would put it out publically. I guess the link was what become of the afterwards. The way I read about it, they tried to hide it back as first by one small mention tucked away where nobody would notice. See, the thing is, like I said earler, I dont give a tinkers damn about what they do with the band, etc., just the way it was done. Read my post back to Rich and you'll see why. Plus, the website where I read about it. One of the voters who desented, explains a lot in detail. They done somthing worse in my opinion to Rich years back and this just really set me sore. Rich had done a lot for the technical side of the hobby and was just flat sh#t on by the establishment because of folks with their hands in the cookie jar. As was commented on earler, the ARRL is nothing more than a magazine publisher with their hands out now. They dont have any help for those who need it and dont care. It's became just one big money making gimmick for a few to keep them in a job IMHO. I'm sorry to sound this way, but when I see folks in the right getting wronged, my hackles stand up. I consider Rich a good friend and have never met him. However, he has helped me everytime I've asked, never failed, if not within the same day I asked. He and others have done a lot for others, giving freely. Then you have those in there now, who only see the bottom line as dollars with no cents (sense). Even though a joke was said, it digs at the real truth.

Best,

Will