[Amps] Resonant Choke Filters+Microwave Oven Capacitors?

VK3HE Craig vk3he at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 8 05:17:50 EST 2005

Hi All

After readiing an earlier post by John K5PRO on using microwave capacitors
for the resonance capacitor in a resonant choke supply, i have decided to
use  3 microwave oven  capacitors in series  as  the resonance capacitor.
The value will be + - .3333 uf. The supply is  a 2 kv resonant choke supply.
Since microvave oven capacitors have a 10 megaohm resistor across the
capacitor i was wondering if this 30 megaohm resistance across my  7.6 Henry
choke would have any affect on the regulation, or any other aspect of the
supply operation? I will be tuning the choke with some other capacitors once
i determine the rough resonance.

Craig
VK3HE