[Amps] TL-922 relay problems

Paul B. Peters, VE7AVV ve7avv at shaw.ca
Wed Mar 9 10:49:30 EST 2005

My TL-922 has most of the mods suggested by Rich, AG6K -- but one item that
has not been done is the vacuum relay QSK.

I tell you this by way of introduction to the symptoms I have noticed in the
last few days. The amp operates perfectly with one minor exception.
Regardless of whether I'm operating with the foot switch or VOX, the amp
seems to hang for a second when I unkey or stop talking. By hang I mean, the
amp is definitely not transmitting, but I don't have complete audio back in
the headset -- the audio sounds a bit ragged for a second or two and then
all is fine once again. Could this be an early indicator of a failing TX
relay?

73 de Paul, VE7AVV
StoneyGround Station
"All email from this address is checked by Norton AntiVirus"