[Amps] FW: RE: Liquid Cooling Systems

Tomm Aldridge KD7QAE at ARRL.NET
Thu Mar 10 15:11:01 EST 2005

My XYL, a research biologist, concurs but adds that DI may be more risky
as the ION exchange process could end up leaving behind chemicals if it
is not properly balanced.  Water is water.  I am a physicist and have to
comment on all the anecdotal evidence that somehow adding a fluid of a
lower heat capacity (antifreeze) to one of a higher heat capacity
(water) raises the fluid's ability to absorb heat.  This just is not
true.  If you can use water, it is the easiest to obtain and use as well
as one of the best thermal transport fluids around.