[Amps] 'Raytheon' milspec knobs additional

Harold B. Mandel ka1xo at juno.com
Sun Mar 13 22:12:44 EST 2005

Dear John,

Thanks for the great contact. I brought up the website and
there were my knobs, bigger than life.

On Friday morning I called State and spoke with Dave. He looked
up the part number and said, "Uh,oh."

He can sure get the knobs. I just have to purchase ten of them,
pay 46 dollars each, plus shipping and handling, and it will take
longer than 12 weeks.

The price break is at 100 pieces. Then, the price goes down
to a paltry $28.80 a piece, plus S&H, same lead time.

As they say in New Jersey, John, "Fuhgedaboudit."

I ordered three knobs from a machine tool manufacturer with
the necessity of drilling out the pilot hole to .250". They have
bigger (taller) spinner bats than the Raytheons, the bats are
screwed in (so replaceable), and the hubs are steel instead
of aluminum. The price was 12 dollars with a 3 dollar S&H.

So I won't have the OEM Alpha knobs. I won't have the OEM
beige spattered paint job either.

But thank you for your kind words and suggestion, John. It's too bad
that some businesses are less than cordial.

Hal Mandel
W4HBM