[Amps] Nylon - 2 cents

StephenTetorka@cs.com StephenTetorka at cs.com
Tue Mar 15 09:45:46 EST 2005

I was in the specialty wire business for a few years.
Nylon was not generally used as a sole insulating overcoat.

The main use was for heat bonding adjoining wires coated with it OVER the wire insulation which were mainly polyesters, polyamides, and of course polyurethane.

Nylon ages poorly...any fisherman leaving his nylon line on the reel will testify to the powder-blue colored 'dust' resulting from oxidation.

Best place I've found for or for-not nylon polymer is a woman's leg.

Regards,
Steve
WA2TAK