[Amps] nylons

Tony King - W4ZT amps at w4zt.com
Wed Mar 16 13:21:11 EST 2005

R. Measures wrote:

> <snip>
> Even though it is excellent around RF, the trouble with TFE is that it
> cold-flows and it has little strength. .
> For strength, RF-tolerance and workability, G-10 is hard to beat.

I agree and MSC carries G10 rod, tube and sheet. It's found on page 1794
of their big book: <http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNPDFF?PMPAGE=1794>

A 48" length of 3/8" rod lists for $12.08 so 48x2=96-4(2" for cuts)=92
and 12.08/92=0.131 so $0.13 for John's insulators.  Still a great deal.
I love ceramic but there are much less cost alternatives out there that
work fine. The 1/2" rod lists for $19.42 in a 48" length and 1" rod
lists for $54.93.   73, Tony W4ZT