[Amps] re. nylons

CLIVE COLLINS dartaviation at btopenworld.com
Wed Mar 16 18:30:58 EST 2005

We have a machinable ceramic in the UK called Macron and it has all the characteristics of ceramic but machines like a dream with new sharp tools.
The stuff will take temperatures up to about 2000 degrees and it has a very stable physical attribute.  I have used it in the past for excellent stand off insulators and it does not appear to be frequency sensitive at  least up to 2.0Ghz.
It is not cheap but it does the job and if you have access to a machine shop you can virtually build anything with the stuff.
It can be machined with all the normal tools, drilled and tapped and turned happily.
Well recommended.

regards from the UK

Clive GW3WEQ