[Amps] Henry 2K Classic X

G3rzp@aol.com G3rzp at aol.com
Sun Mar 20 05:09:55 EST 2005

In a message dated 19/03/2005 11:25:30 GMT Standard Time, r at somis.org  writes:

How do  real high potential
testers manage to get a microphone inside vacuum  capacitors and vacuum
relays?

Once corona (or any other breakdown)starts, there's a current. Sample that
current and use an audio amplifier! Feed the amplified signal to a scope when
you're testing with AC and you can see the breakdown duration etc.

gets very sophisticated - I saw it many years ago when we did an industrial
visit to a switchgear and transformer manufacturer.  I suspect that these
days, industrial visits aren't allowed for 'health and safety' reasons. Sad,
because they could be very educational.

73

Peter G3RZP