[Amps] Parasitic suppression kits

R.Measures r at somis.org
Sun Mar 20 09:27:40 EST 2005

On Mar 19, 2005, at 2:41 PM, Dennis wrote:

>> It would be most informative and interesting if you could measure the
>> resistance of the old suppressor resistors you took out.
>>
>> (((73)))
>> Phil, K5PC
>
> Hi Phil..
>    Yes, but I had no inclination at the time to do that.  I do remember
> that the resistors were in good shape, not discolored or burnt.

I too used to make this mistake until an OT (W7MOI, "Digger") told me
that suppressor resistors which had been damaged by an intermittent
parasitic osc. often show no outward signs of damage.  At the time,
unsoldering one wire and measuring R with an ohm-meter revealed that
the 100-ohm suppressor resistor had become a 400+-ohm resistor even
though it appeared to be in mint condition.