[Amps] Need info on Heathkit SB-1000 Plate Choke

Jeff k7xq at elite.net
Sat Mar 26 13:52:48 EST 2005

Hello All,
 I recently smoked acouple of windings off my Heathkit SB-1000 plate
choke when the
SWR off the antenna changed and the plate choke arced across the ground
wire of
one of the tuning capacitors. The form is still in great shape. I just
need the
magnet wire gauge and the amount of turns on this choke.

I noticed the one I have has quite a lot fewer windings then what
appears in the Heathkit manual.

I also need the info on the RF Choke that goes to ground. This is the RF
Choke that is
located at the output of the output tank circuit. It shows a open to
ground.

K7XQ Jeff
Atwater,CA.

K7XQ Webpage:  http://www.elite.net/~k7xq/k7xq.html