[Amps] Measuring RF Power

G3rzp@aol.com G3rzp at aol.com
Sat Mar 26 17:14:19 EST 2005

Many years ago ( more than I really wish to remember, but this  discussion
has reminded me)
we sat ina class in college and drew a graph of Irms times V rs to get rs
power, and as I remember, it looked like the pulsating DC output from a full
wave rectifier. I also remember  never having used this fact since, since  Vrms
times I rms is the same heating power as those currents at zero frequency
would provide (I have a dislike for 'DC current'!). In other words, the average
power.

I suspect others may have used this: I know others have used Laplace
transforms in  their professional careers, while I have used them once  since
learning something (which I have, of course, since forgotten) about them  in 1969!

73

Peter G3RZP